Welcome!

At Training by Ross you will find fitness resources to help you live a happy, healthier, better-looking life!



Folks, I am a fatloss expert. If you're looking to lose weight, get lean and stay lean -
e-mail me at COACHROSSMDB@GMAIL.COM or call 402-708-5575 now!






Thursday, October 15, 2009

Boot Camp Fanatacism

It's all the rage. Boot camp. You pay $10-$20 twice a week and get to exercise in a glorified group exercise class. I'm sure you can already tell I'm not a fan. Let me tell you why.

Changing your body and changing your LIFE is a highly personal and INDIVIDUALIZED endeavor. In my experience, success comes first in the MIND. Change your mind, and change your life.

Sure, I could get a group of 30-50 people together and charge $10-$20 a head. $300-$1000 per hour of work twice a week? Not bad money, right? I'm not going to blow air up your skirt (forgive the phrase) and tell you that I don't like money. I'm human. I need eat, have fun, and have bills to pay - in that order. :-) BUT - I know I can make the biggest difference in a person's life working with them 1-on-1. Mono-a(ee)-mono. Just ask my clients. They'll be the first in line to tell you how their lives have changed in a positive way. Whether it's how they look, feel, eat, or approach their lives with a fresh set of glasses to see through - you just can't beat working together.

Here's my final breakdown of why you should train with a trainer 1-on-1, rather than in a boot camp:

1.) PERSONAL Training - you get personal attention, individualization, and coaching that is specific to your goals and life situation. You get to train when you want to. You are held accountable as an individual.
2.) It's SAFER - One trainer cannot watch 20 people's form at all times. You get hurt and your're out for 2-6 weeks (not losing weight) and it's his or her butt that you're now looking to get compensation from. There's a reason NOT ONE of my clients has been injured while training with me in 3 YEARS. It's my attention to strict form and writing scientifically progressed resistance training programs and cardio done on your own time.
3.) PERSONAL Interaction - I like to hear about my client's lives, their wins, and about their day. "How was your day?" Sometime's hearing that question can MAKE someone's day. You likely won't hear that at boot camp. You'll hear "Move your $&%%!" Once again, in my experience, that kind of treatment is not for the majority of people I work with.
4.) Fitness Level - Do you fancy a heart attack? Not everyone is in the place, fitness wise, to partake in such an intense program. Make sure you are in somewhat decent condition if you start a boot camp. My clients are pushed - but pushed at the level they are currently at, to push them to the next level.
5.) Evaluation - I measure my client's monthly by taking body weight, circumference measurements using a measuring tape, and body fat (if desired). We then make changes and adapt, refocusing our goals and program to achieve the desired result.

Listen, I don't want to discourage you from exercising. Boot camp is better than nothing at all. If you're BROKE and it's an exciting opportunity to you - don't let me bring you down. DO IT. But if you're looking to achieve results THAT LAST and change your LIFE, call ME.

Thanks for listening, and pardon all the capital letters. I got excited. :-)

Take care, and have a GREAT DAY!

Ross
Your COACH who CARES!

No comments:

Post a Comment