Welcome!

At Training by Ross you will find fitness resources to help you live a happy, healthier, better-looking life!



Folks, I am a fatloss expert. If you're looking to lose weight, get lean and stay lean -
e-mail me at COACHROSSMDB@GMAIL.COM or call 402-708-5575 now!






Saturday, October 31, 2009

Did You Know?

I just found out something that irritated me a little. Did you know that FIBER binds to FATTY ACIDS? It's true, I guess.

That's good news, and bad news. Here's why:

I'll give you the good news first:

Fiber binds to fat! That's not just good news, it's great news. For example, when you eat something absolutely terrible - like a chimichanga with nacho cheese sauce, butter, and gravy? Ok, maybe no butter and gravy. Or perhaps you're going on a wing bender at Buffalo Wild Wings? I've done it. 24 wings in one sitting, baby! That is NOT something to be proud of! Eating fiber in the form of vegetables or legumes (beans), for example, will bind to SOME of the fat and pass through your system untouched. Neat, huh?

Here's the bad news:

Fiber binds to fat! It doesn't discriminate, either. You may not be aware of this, but there are good fats AND bad fats. Fiber binding to bad fats = GOOD. Fiber binding to good fats = BAD. So when you pat yourself on the back each day for eating fish, taking fish oil/flaxseed oil/or other good fats, make sure you're eating it sans fiber! Take your fish oil on an EMPTY stomach, without a side of veggies. And I know some of you are saying to yourselves, "Veggies? 'Wuz dat?" For you people, eat your veggies! And for those of you who don't eat any good fats, shame on you! Eat cold water fatty fish like salmon, or take a fish oil supplement. I recommend Carlson's brand. Look for more on that particular oil in the near future. I will be picking on a few clients to star in a video on the subject.

Hope you find this information useful, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment